The Welcome Centre is part of iDiv’s Human Resources Department and is intended as a service point that provides support to international employees and guests during relocation, onboarding and beyond.
It also offers guidance in dealing with formalities related to hiring or inviting international employees/guests to researchers and groups at iDiv that wish to host.
If you seek advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Welcome Centre.
Please be so kind and send the contact form ahead by email, so you will receive information tailored to your specific situation.
- Tuesday: 10am–11am
- Thursday: 1pm–2pm
in room B.00.27 (Rhizosphere)
- Application for visas/residence permits
- Registration and deregistration
- Health insurance
- Support in direct dealings with the authorities (“Ausländerbehörde” and “Bürgerbüro”)
- Advice on family matters (application for “Elterngeld” and “Kindergeld”; childcare and schools)
- Information on housing and temporary accommodation in Leipzig
Downloads & Links
iDiv is an institutional partner of the Welcome to Leipzig project of Leipzig University and the City of Leipzig.
This project aims to improve the structures for welcoming international guest researchers and highly qualified employees from all over the world and to simplify bureaucratic hurdles in the process of their arrival and onboarding.