Hard to keep track of further postdoc offers at iDiv, our affiliated universities & institutions or funding opportunities?
The information hub will assist you in keeping the overview with presenting handpicked offers, which are relevant for you and support you in creating and achieving the postdoc career you target.
for employees in Saxony: Website of the Hochschuldidaktisches Zentrum Sachsen (HDS)
- for further training in university teaching (website only in German)
- every winter semester: Module 1 International (in English) - Basics of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education – application deadline every July
for employees at the MLU: Zertifikat Hochschuldidaktik (website only in German)
for employees at the FSU: Servicestelle LehreLernen (offers mainly in German)
For female postdocs
- Mentoring programme for female postdocs within the Halle-Jena-Leipzig University Alliance with genuine interest and clear commitment to a career in academia. Applicants should have at least two years of independent academic work as a postdoctoral researcher
- The prime aim of the Female Scientist Career Fund should be to promote the careers of female scientist by increasing their scientific network and visibility in their field of research. The calls are sent out via the email@example.com mailing list a few times a year.
For postdocs employed at Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- Welcome service for new postdocs and guest postdocs
- Career counselling and postdoc counselling: The Graduate Academy offers individual consulting and counselling
- FSU-scholarships for female postdocs: The scholarship programme aims at supporting excellent female researchers by providing them with project-related scholarships
- FSU-funding for postdoctoral initiatives – organising academic events: It is possible to apply for up to 1,500 euros of material funding per event (self-organised academic event, e.g. a guest lecture, a workshop, a network meeting, or a conference)
For postdocs employed at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
For postdocs employed at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ
- Career center: Information hub for all postdocs at UFZ. It supports UFZ postdocs in all questions and decisions about their careers. Individual consultations help developing career goals and strategies. Training and events designed for postdocs offer guidance and information on career options.
For postdocs employed at Leipzig University
- Leibniz Travel: Travel grants for international research stays and conference visits as part of the Leibniz Programme at the Research Academy Leipzig
- Leibniz Invitations: The Leibniz Programme provides funding for international visiting researchers.
- Individual guidance from the research service on national and international funding programmes
- Leipzig Flexible Fund provides postdoctoral researchers with funding for preparatory activities for their own external funding application
- Information on Leipzig researcher development programme
- Pre-Doc Award, a support programme for funding of a preparatory year towards a doctoral thesis targeting pairs of an excellent graduate pairing up with a postdoc from Leipzig University (website will be available in English soon)
- Postdoc Club, offers regular events for informal and interdisciplinary networking
- Didactics in higher education (offers and tipps for teachers, website in German only)