Our project is based on a desk study (literature review) initiated in January 2017. Key activities along the process were:
- Establishing a scoping committee and carefully designing the project to ensure highest quality and robustness
- Building a knowledge base collating a list of almost 900 potentially-relevant publications
- Generating an in-depth database collecting a large number of parameters from almost 300 publications
- Evaluating the CAP’s impacts on our society, economy and the environment, separating direct from indirect effects, as well as CAP versus non-CAP phenomena.
- Assessing the CAP along the criteria required by the EU for a Fitness Check: Effectiveness, Efficiency, Internal Coherence, External Coherence, Relevance, and EU Added Value
- Evaluating the CAP in terms of its capacity to deliver on the most relevant SDGs.
- Presenting our preliminary results to the public (5.2017) and taking comments for further improvement of the report and database.
- Ensuring quality control and assurance e.g. through a review process by four independent reviewers.