I am interested in understanding biodiversity-ecosystem-functioning relationships in forests and agroforestry systems in order to support sustainable management and conservation strategies.
My current research takes a dynamic perspective on biodiversity signals in the hierarchical interactions between the shrub and the tree layer - focussing on growth and growth stability responses in a tree diversity experiment (BEF-China) as part of the DFG International Research Training Group TreeDì - 林地.
- since 08/2021: Doctoral Researcher in the International Research Training Group TreeDì, German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv) Halle-Jena-Leipzig
- 11/2020–07/2021: Teacher at secondary school (Biology and Geography), Cologne, Germany
- 05/2019–10/2020: Teacher Trainee at secondary school (Biology and Geography), Cologne, Germany
- 01/2018–05/2018: Research stay at University of Jambi (Sumatra), Indonesia
- 10/2015–12/2018: Master (of Ed.) Biology and Geography, University of Cologne, Germany
Thesis: “The Effect of Tree Enrichment in an Oil Palm Plantation on the Biodiversity of the Understorey Vegetation”
- 08/2013–03/2014: Semester abroad at University of Salamanca, Spain
- 10/2011–05/2015: Bachelor (of Ed.) Biology and Geography, University of Trier, Germany
Thesis: “Miscanthus als Substrat für die Biogasgewinnung – Konsequenzen für den Nährstoffhaushalt der Bestände”
Systematic Botany and Functional Biodiversity Lab