Hard to keep track of further postdoc offers at iDiv, our affiliated universities & institutions or funding opportunities?
The information hub will assist you in keeping the overview with presenting handpicked offers, which are relevant for you and support you in creating and achieving the postdoc career you target.
Current funding opportunities
Volkswagen Foundation: Freigeist-Fellowships
A 'Freigeist' fellow: for the Volkswagen Foundation this means a young researcher with a strong personality, a creative mind, an ability to identify and use freedom, dedicated to overcoming resistance.
The main focus is on junior researchers (up to 4 years of postdoctoral experience) working at the borders of neighboring fields or disciplines. The 'Freigeist' initiative offers freedom for creative thinking, whilst at the same time providing security for at least 5 years and in the long run the opportunity to establish a career within a scientific research organization or university in Germany.
Deadline: 1 April 2021
For female postdocs
- Mentoring programme for female postdocs within the Halle-Jena-Leipzig University Alliance with genuine interest and clear commitment to a career in academia. Applicants should have at least two years of independent academic work as a postdoctoral researcher
- The prime aim of the Female Scientist Career Fund should be to promote the careers of female scientist by increasing their scientific network and visibility in their field of research. The calls are sent out via the email@example.com mailing list a few times a year.
For postdocs employed at Friedrich Schiller University Jena
- Career counselling and postdoc counselling: The Graduate Academy offers individual consulting and counselling
- FSU-scholarships for female postdocs: The scholarship programme aims at supporting excellent female researchers by providing them with project-related scholarships
- FSU-funding for postdoctoral initiatives – organising academic events: It is possible to apply for up to 1,500 euros of material funding per event (self-organised academic event, e.g. a guest lecture, a workshop, a network meeting, or a conference)
For postdocs employed at Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
For postdocs employed at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ
- Career center: Information hub for all postdocs at UFZ. It supports UFZ postdocs in all questions and decisions about their careers. Individual consultations help developing career goals and strategies. Training and events designed for postdocs offer guidance and information on career options.
For postdocs employed at Leipzig University
- Leibniz Travel: Travel grants for international research stays and conference visits as part of the Leibniz Programme at the Research Academy Leipzig
- Individual guidance from the research service on national and international funding programmes
- Leipzig Flexible Fund provides postdoctoral researchers with funding for preparatory activities for their own external funding application
- Information on Leipzig researcher development programme
- Pre-Doc Award, a support programme for funding of a preparatory year towards a doctoral thesis targeting pairs of an excellent graduate pairing up with a postdoc from Leipzig University (website will be available in English soon)
- Postdoc Club, offers regular events for informal and interdisciplinary networking
- Didactics in higher education (offers and tipps for teachers, website in German only)