With iDiv's Science-Policy work, we strive to make the science produced by our researchers accessible for policy-makers from the global to the local level.
- We share our insights through policy-relevant publications in peer-reviewed journals, as well as policy briefs, position papers or white papers.
- We actively engage in global policy-processes.
- We engage in working groups of IPBES and other international conventions.
- We organise and participate in workshops and other events for policy-makers.
- We collaborate with policy-makers in transdisciplinary research projects.
- We develop new methods and frameworks for biodiversity monitoring on all levels.
iDiv researchers study the reform process of the CAP in several research projects. They develop recommendations for action and feed them into the policy cycle via communication pathways such as ongoing dialogue about a biodiversity-friendly implementation of the EU CAP with the General Directions for Agriculture and Environment or the EU commission's vice-president Frans Timmermanns.
Expert workshops to develop recommendations for the national implementation of the EU Common Agricultural Policy while improving farmland biodiversity, ecosystem services, and rural societies in Europe.