The Welcome Centre is part of iDiv’s Human Resources Department and is intended as a service point that provides support to international employees and guests during relocation, onboarding and beyond.
It also offers guidance in dealing with formalities related to hiring or inviting international employees/guests to researchers and groups at iDiv that wish to host.
If you seek advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Welcome Centre.
Please be so kind and send the contact form ahead by email, so you will receive information tailored to your specific situation.
- Tuesday: 10am–11am
- Thursday: 1pm–2pm
in room B.00.27 (Rhizosphere)
We recommend using the following form to know which support is needed in your specific situation before arriving in Germany and at iDiv: Contact Form (pdf)
Please fill it out and send it by email to email@example.com.
- Application for visas/residence permits
- Registration and deregistration
- Health insurance
- Support in direct dealings with the authorities (“Ausländerbehörde” and “Bürgerbüro”)
- Advice on family matters (application for “Elterngeld” and “Kindergeld”; childcare and schools)
- Information on housing and temporary accommodation in Leipzig
- German classes at iDiv
- Foreigners' authority in Leipzig (in English)
- Foreigners' authority in Halle (in German)
- Foreigners' authority in Jena (in English)
Downloads & Links
- Welcome to Leipzig A-Z
- First steps in Leipzig
- First steps in Halle
- First steps in Jena
- Guide for public sector employment (only applicable for Uni Leipzig)
- Intranet Welcome Centre (iDiv login required)
- FAQs Welcome Centre (iDiv login required)
- Guides for Internationals (iDiv login required)
- iDiv German classes (iDiv login required)
Welcome to Leipzig
iDiv is an institutional partner of the Welcome to Leipzig project of Leipzig University and the City of Leipzig.
This project aims to improve the structures for welcoming international guest researchers and highly qualified employees from all over the world and to simplify bureaucratic hurdles in the process of their arrival and onboarding.
iDiv is a Contact Point of the EURAXESS network for researchers in motion. The EURAXESS portal provides information and assistance to mobile researchers and contains practical information concerning professional and daily life in Germany, as well as information on job and funding opportunities. The EURAXESS initiative is an European-wide network for researcher advisors and EURAXESS Germany provides a networking platform for researcher advisors in Germany.