This website provides an overview on the offers for postdocs by Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), Friedrich Schiller University Jena (FSU), Leipzig University (UL) and Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) as well as offers by yDiv.
A specific iDiv postdoc career support programme is planned for the third funding phase of iDiv (subject to further funding of iDiv).
For postdocs employed at MLU
- Registrations for workshops (see above) via personalentwicklung(at)verwaltung.uni-halle.de or the website of personnel development
- Individual coaching for postdocs with leadership responsibility (website in German only)
For postdocs employed at FSU
- Career Counselling and Postdoc Counselling: The Graduate Academy offers individual consulting and counselling
- FSU-Scholarships for female Postdocs: The scholarship programme aims at supporting excellent female researchers by providing them with project-related scholarships
- FSU-Funding for postdoctoral initiatives - Organising Academic Events: It is possible to apply for up to EUR 1.500 of material funding per event (self-organised academic event, e.g. a guest lecture, a workshop, a network meeting, or a conference) - Next Deadline: 15 April 2020
For postdocs employed at UL
- Welcome Center for international scientist preparing for or arriving for a research stay in Germany (with a lot of helpful information)
- Leibniz Travel: Travel grants for international research stays and conference visits (website currently in German only)
- Individual guidance from the Research Service on national and international funding programmes
- Leipzig Flexible Fund provides postdoctoral researchers with funding for preparatory activities for their own external funding application
- Information on Leipzig Researcher Development Programme
- Pre-Doc Award, a support programme for funding of a preparatory year towards a doctoral thesis targeting pairs of an excellent graduate pairing up with a postdoc from Leipzig University (website will be avaiable in English soon)
- Postdoc Club, offers regular events for informal and interdisciplinary networking
- International Career Service (although mostly addressing students and graduate researchers, there are relevant events and information for postdocs)
- Didactics in Higher Education (offers and tipps for teachers, website in German only)
For postdocs employed at UFZ
- Career Center: information hub for all postdocs at UFZ. It supports UFZ postdocs in all questions and decisions about their careers. Individual consultations help developing career goals and strategies. Training and events designed for postdocs offer guidance and information on career options.
- Helmholtz Mentoring program "Helmholtz Advance" supports talented staff who find themselves at a critical juncture in their lives and are about to make career-defining decisions, includes workshops and mentoring (open to participants of any gender)
For female postdocs
- Mentoring Programme for female Post-Docs within the Halle – Jena – Leipzig University Alliance with genuine interest and clear commitment to a career in academia. Applicants should have at least two years of independent academic work as a postdoctoral researcher