This website provides an overview on the offers of the iDiv postdoc programme in cooperation to the offers for postdocs by Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU), Friedrich Schiller University Jena (FSU), Leipzig University (UL) and Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ).
The development and implementation of the iDiv postdoc career support programme started in October 2020. Our programme will include coaching, mentoring, courses, Q&A Sessions and networking events. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact Ulrike.
Contact person: Ulrike Krumrey
Phone +49 341 9733267 (yDiv)
Monday to Wednesday
|26 November 2020||How to structure a career in academia: how to plan your postdoc and how to become a professor?||Leipzig/iDiv|
|30 November-1 December 2020||Good Scientific Practice for Postdocs||Leipzig/ UFZ|
|14-15 January 2021||Teaching in Higher Education - Advanced course||Leipzig/iDiv|
|25 January 2021||Media Training - How To Give Interviews||Leipzig/iDiv|
For postdocs employed at MLU
- Registrations for workshops (see above) via personalentwicklung(at)verwaltung.uni-halle.de or the website of personnel development
- Individual coaching for postdocs with leadership responsibility (website in German only)
For postdocs employed at FSU
- Career Counselling and Postdoc Counselling: The Graduate Academy offers individual consulting and counselling
- FSU-Scholarships for female Postdocs: The scholarship programme aims at supporting excellent female researchers by providing them with project-related scholarships
- FSU-Funding for postdoctoral initiatives - Organising Academic Events: It is possible to apply for up to EUR 1.500 of material funding per event (self-organised academic event, e.g. a guest lecture, a workshop, a network meeting, or a conference)
For postdocs employed at UL
- Welcome Center for international scientist preparing for or arriving for a research stay in Germany (with a lot of helpful information)
- Leibniz Travel: Travel grants for international research stays and conference visits (website currently in German only)
- Individual guidance from the Research Service on national and international funding programmes
- Leipzig Flexible Fund provides postdoctoral researchers with funding for preparatory activities for their own external funding application
- Information on Leipzig Researcher Development Programme
- Pre-Doc Award, a support programme for funding of a preparatory year towards a doctoral thesis targeting pairs of an excellent graduate pairing up with a postdoc from Leipzig University (website will be avaiable in English soon)
- Postdoc Club, offers regular events for informal and interdisciplinary networking
- International Career Service (although mostly addressing students and graduate researchers, there are relevant events and information for postdocs)
- Didactics in Higher Education (offers and tipps for teachers, website in German only)
For postdocs employed at UFZ
- Career Center: information hub for all postdocs at UFZ. It supports UFZ postdocs in all questions and decisions about their careers. Individual consultations help developing career goals and strategies. Training and events designed for postdocs offer guidance and information on career options.
- Helmholtz Mentoring program "Helmholtz Advance" supports talented staff who find themselves at a critical juncture in their lives and are about to make career-defining decisions, includes workshops and mentoring (open to participants of any gender)
For female postdocs
- Mentoring Programme for female Post-Docs within the Halle – Jena – Leipzig University Alliance with genuine interest and clear commitment to a career in academia. Applicants should have at least two years of independent academic work as a postdoctoral researcher
- The prime aim of the Female Scientist Career Fund should be to promote the careers of female scientist by increasing their scientific network and visibility in their field of research. The calls are sent out via the email@example.com mailing list a few times a year.