Get-Together of the Research School Network Halle
The Research School Network Halle invites all participating doctoral researchers to the third summer meeting on Thursday, June 15, 2023.
Doctoral researchers from graduate schools in the field of Natural Sciences and Agricultural and Food Economics have the opportunity to get in contact in a stimulating atmosphere, which fosters exchange and creates opportunities for collaboration. The meeting starts with an interactive workshop on science communication and ends with a get-together. Food and non-alcoholic drinks will be provided for free, alcoholic beverages will be available for a small fee.
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm: Registration
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm: Welcome and introduction by Prof. Thomas Herzfeld (IAMO) and Dr. Thomas Michael (InGrA)
- 4:30 - 6:30 pm: Science Communication Workshop (input and practice) by Volker Hahn (Head of Communications at iDiv) and Tom Leonhardt (Science Editor at MLU's Communications Office)
- 6:30 - 9:00 pm: Get-Together with food and drinks
Lecture Hall of the Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO)
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 2, 06120 Halle (Saale)
Workshop Abstract: Science Communication - Why and how should I do it?
Scientists are usually busy conducting experiments, analyzing data, reading, writing, editing … Why should you bother with yet another task – talking about your research to an audience beyond your peers? In this session, we will give you an overview of what science communication is, how it works on different levels as well as why it might be worth your time. The session includes hands-on exercises.
Registration (open until June, 7): Please register here
Participating Grad Schools:
- IMPRS for Science and Technology of Nano–Systems
- iRTG of SFB/TRR 102 “Polymers: random coils and beyond”
- iRTG of SFB/TRR 227 “Ultrafast Spin Dynamics”
- Leibniz Research School PlantBioChem
- RTG 2498 “Communication and Dynamics of Plant Cell Compartments”
- RTG 2670 “Beyond Amphiphilicity: Self-Organization of Soft Matter Via Multiple Noncovalent Interactions”
- RTG 2467 “Intrinsically Disordered Proteins – Molecular Principles, Cellular Functions, and Diseases”
- IRTG 2324 TreeDì – 林地 – "Tree Diversity Interactions - The role of tree-tree interactions in local neighbourhoods in Chinese subtropical forests"
- yDiv – Graduate School of German Centre for Integrative Biodiversity Research (iDiv)
- IAMO Graduate School