Write, Talk & Feel Good
Write, Talk & Feel Good is a group writing program for doctoral researchers, which combines structured writing sessions with peer consultations.
The first round of the program starts in May 2019.
We are now looking for doctoral researchers who would like to take part in the first round of the program, either as a participant in the writing groups or as a group facilitator.
Spots are limited in the first round, so register via email to email@example.com by March 31st!
Please check the FAQs for further information.
What is this program about?
Doing a PhD is a big endeavour and doctoral researchers are often struggling to find time to write. This programme is designed to help you be more productive and at the same time connect with your peers.
Your benefits as a participant in this programm:
- Focus on your writing and boost your productivity
- Share your experiences with your peers & get helpful advice
- Feel welcome and understood in a supportive environment
How does this programm work?
How this program works:
- You participate in 2-hours writing session with your peers (monthly or more often)
- Sessions are led by a doctoral researcher (“group facilitator”)
- Facilitated discussions are embedded in the writing session
- Program runs for 6-months
The 2-hours writing sessions are split into 4 blocks, each consisting of 25 minutes of focussed work followed by a 5 minute break. During the silent writing blocks you work on your texts, during the break you can engage in facilitated discussions with your peers. Possible topics for these discussions could be e.g. how to structure thesis drafts, keeping the work-life balance, overcoming challenges etc.
Interested in participating?
How about becoming a group facilitator?
Your benefits as a writing group facilitator:
- Receive a full day of training in writing group facilitation
- Gain valuable experience in moderating group discussions
- Increase your writing output
- Group facilitation will be acknowledged with 1 CP (Activity Points)
Your responsibilites as a writing group facilitator:
- Organize the writing group meetings
- Facilitate the group discussions
- Commit yourself to the program for 6 months
The group facilitator training takes place on April 11th 2019, 9 am – 18 pm.
Please contact Dr. Nicole Sachmerda-Schulz for more information on how to become a group facilitator.
Please note: You do not need particular skills for faciliating a group. Group faciliators will also be offered 3 peer-facilitator meetings with additional input about academic writing and the opportunity to exchange experiences from faciliating the groups.
More Information and References
‘Write, Talk & Feel Good is based on the Australian program “Write Smarter: Feel Better”, developed by the Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Mental Health. The design and related materials were adapted for use by the Leipzig coordinating partners for local use.
The program is organized jointly by the Research Academy Leipzig, yDiv and HIGRADE and will be scientifically evaluated in a cooperation with the Department of Work and Organizational Psychology at the University of Leipzig.