yDiv/HIGRADE course: Finish it! How to Finalize Your Dissertation
Target audience: doctoral researchers in the last stage of their doctoral thesis
Between 30 and 50% of all PhD students in Germany do not finish their doctoral theses. There are many reasons for that, but most of them can be eliminated: if you have done a master’s or similar degree with good results you will be able to finish a PhD too.
In this workshop you will learn how to focus as early as possible on finishing your PhD. The workshop covers the following topics:
- How to define and set goals, do time planning and time management
- How to deal with different requirements at the same time: research, publishing, guiding MA-students etc.
- How to motivate yourself and how to deal with demotivation
- Your next goals after finishing your PhD
- How to structure the work and the writing process
- How to deal with writer’s bloc
- How to work with your supervisor
- Science myths demystified
- If it all does not work: looking for advice
Lecturer in charge