Media training – how to give interviews
This course aims to train postdocs on how to explain their science in plain language (accurate, brief, clear), how to “sell” themselves in interviews and other situations and on how to deal with journalists.
The training begins with a lecture and then concentrates on repeated practice in front of a camera including feedback rounds. The participants receive a video file of their performance in front of the camera.
The course contents in detail:
- How journalists work
- What journalists want and how to collaborate with them
- Typical questions and situations
- How to put your topic in a nutshell
- Things you can do well or badly
- Practice: Speak, analyse, improve.