The TESSIN VISLab is a high-resolution immersive virtual reality (VR) environment and was established at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) in 2008 to face the need of analyzing and working on increasingly complex data sets generated by simulations of natural phenomena in environmental sciences. Its aim is to improve the insight into complicated 3D and 4D data sets and foster communication among scientists with different specializations or among scientists and the public.
- Visualization techniques for analyzing simulation results of thermo-hydro-mechanical- chemical processes
- Data integration methods for multivariate heterogeneous data sets
- Application of visual analysis in the fields of hydrology, geosciences, energy, biodiversity and climate research
- Location: UFZ Leipzig
- Platform type: High-resolution VR environment driven by a visualization cluster system, graphic workstations
- Research groups involved: Scientists from the UFZ, iDiv and its partners
Prof. Olaf Kolditz