Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees supports and supervises the Directorate and fulfils various other tasks.
It comprises (1) the rectors of the three involved universities, (2) one additional member of the rectorate of each of the involved universities, (3) the Scientific Manager of the UFZ and (4) one representative of the ministry of science from each of the three federal states involved.
General Members Assembly
The General Members Assembly may address all questions concerning the purpose and goals of iDiv and make recommendations to the Directorate through their Group of Speakers. Furthermore, the General Members Assembly holds the right to suggest members of the Directorate as well as members of the Scientific Advisory Board.
The General Members Assembly meets at least once a year.
Group of Speakers
The spokespersons (Group of Speakers) are elected by the General Members Assembly. They represent the interests of the members during joint meetings with the Directorate. The group of spokespersons comprises (1) one representative from each of the three involved universities, (2) one representative from the UFZ, (3) three representatives from non-university partners and (4) up to four further iDiv members.
Current spokespersons are:
- Stefan Klotz (Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ)
- Birgitta König-Ries (Friedrich Schiller University Jena – FSU)
- Ivo Große (Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg – MLU)
- Martin Schlegel (Leipzig University – UL)
- Volker Grimm (UFZ)
- Karsten Wesche (Senckenberg Museum of Natural History Görlitz – SMNG)
- Frank Blattner (Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research – IPK)
- Markus Reichstein (Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry – MPI BGC)
The Directorate manages the current business of iDiv and is, in particular, in charge of conception, coordination and implementation of the scientific program. It coordinates scientific networking of iDiv and represents iDiv at the involved universities and in external matters.
Current directors at iDiv are:
- Managing Director: Christian Wirth (Leipzig University – UL)
- Co-Director: Kirsten Küsel (Friedrich Schiller University Jena – FSU)
- Co-Director: Helge Bruelheide (Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg – MLU)
- Co-Director: François Buscot (Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ)
Scientific Advisory Board
The Scientific Advisory Board is an official body of iDiv. It makes recommendations and comments on the thematic and structural development of iDiv. This concerns, in particular, the establishment of new research fields and the focus and structure of iDiv’s research programme.
The Scientific Advisory Board evaluates the development of iDiv every two years.
Members of the Scientific Advisory Board:
University of Montana
University of Maryland
Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS)
California Institute of Technology
University of Zurich
University of Gothenburg
Diana H. Wall
Colorado State University
Advisory boards and committees
Advisory boards and committees are formed by the directorate to support its work.