Postdoc Retreat - Workshop: Communicate your science - networking strategies for postdocs
Workshop: Communicate your science - Impactful networking strategies for postdocs
The first iDiv postdoc retreat will be held under the slogan “Communicate your science - Networking strategies for postdocs”. You will have the opportunity to interdisciplinary connect with your iDiv fellow postdocs in a relaxing atmosphere at Gut Frohberg. This is a four-sided courtyard with charming arcades and secluded squares - just one hour away from Leipzig.
This retreat is all about communication and networking. Besides informal communication opportunities, you will participate in our networking strategies workshop by Dr. Rosmarie Katrin Neumann.
How can we form professional relationships? And what roles do communication and listening play into these inter- and multidisciplinary relationships? Do you want to know why we network in the first place and how we can get the most out of our connections?
In this professional workshop you will
- Identify your networking goals: We look into the questions: What are your networking goals? What is the message each of you wants to get across? How can you do this successfully?
- Look into networking analysis: We use social network analysis tools to identify your existing and potential networks, so you know who your target groups are and who to engage.
- Get to know scientific evidence on effective factors for strategic communication and relationship building in professional networks.
- Reflect on reasons for networking that supports your strategic decisions to invest your time and energy.
- Get to know self-marketing tools and social media - addressing offline and online tools (social media platforms will esp. focus on LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Do exercises on active listening and shifting perspective with partners to consciously practise developing trust and empathy.
- Receive know-how and best practice examples on communication strategies.
Bonus: You will receive a short individual 1-to-1 online coaching session two weeks after the workshop to ensure direct implementation of know-how.
|2:00 - 2:30 pm||Arrival and check-in to Gut Frohberg|
|2:30 - 4:00 pm||Workshop Pt. 1|
|4:00 - 4:30 pm||Coffee break|
|4:30 - 6:00 pm||Workshop Pt. 2|
|7:00 pm - open end||Joint dinner and get-together|
|8:00 - 9:00 am||Breakfast|
|9:00 - 10:30 am||Workshop Pt. 3|
|10:30 - 11:00 am||Coffee break|
|11:00 - 12:30 pm||Workshop Pt. 4|
|12:30 - 1:30 pm||Lunch and departure|
Travel and accommodation
Arrival and departure will be arranged in the three iDiv cars.They are at our disposition for the two days of the retreat. Of course you can also arrange individual journeys, just let us know in advance.
Accommodation will be provided in single rooms. Full board (dinner, breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks) are included for every participant.