Das Deutsche Zentrum für integrative Biodiversitätszentrum (iDiv) lädt DoktorandInnen zu seiner vierten Sommerschule zum Thema „Ecological Theory and Modelling for the Biodiversity Crisis“ vom 20. bis 31. August2018 in Leipzig ein.
Weitere Informationen zur Bewerbung, sowie zum Thema und Programm finden Sie auf der englischen Webseite.
The programme of the summer school will consist of:
- Keynote lectures
- Methodological lectures and exercises
- Hands-on sessions
- Working in small groups lead by an experienced researcher
- Presentation of the results by participants
- Exchange with iDiv researchers
- Field excursion
The lecturers and project leaders of this summer school will include the scientific staff of the Biodiversity Conservation group:
- Lead teacher Prof. Henrique Pereira, Head of Biodiversity Conservation group
- Ines Martins, PhD at the Biodiversity Conservation group
- Dr Aurora Torres, Postdoc at the Biodiversity Conservation group
- Dr Isabel Rosa, Postdoc at the Biodiversity Conservation group
- Dr Carlos Guerra, Postdoc at the Biodiversity Conservation group
- Dr Anne Mimet, Postdoc at the Biodiversity Conservation group
The summer school will take place from 20 to 31 August 2018 at iDiv, which is located at theBiocity Leipzig. The site has good transport connections in the immediate vicinity of the university’s natural science campus and the German National Library. It is surrounded by other cutting-edge research centres in the field of biosciences, including the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology and the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology (IZI). The Leipzig Botanical Garden is also located at a walking distance from iDiv.
As course fee, all participants are expected to pay EUR 150.00. This covers the costs of teaching and materials, coffee breaks, lunch, the excursion, and the cultural programme.
Participants are generally asked to cover the costs of their travel, accommodation and evening meals (except when included as part of the summer school programme).
iDiv is able to offer a limited number of travel grants to cover the full costs of travel and accommodation.Funded positions are primarily aimed at applicants who have limited opportunities to fund their participation via other means.
An excursion will be organised in the course of the summer school. More information will follow soon.
In addition, several joint side events will be offered in the evenings, including a guided city tour and visits to local beer gardens. Leipzig is a vibrant city offering a variety of cultural attractions for those participants who would also like to explore the city on their own.
In general we recommend all participants to prepare with all-weather clothing: sunglasses, hats, and sun cream will be needed, but you should also pack raincoats and a good backpack.