Dr. Matthias Grenié
I’m interested in the macro-ecology of organisms traits. I am interested in global relationships of organisms strategies and their environments. At iDiv, I am mainly working on the macro-ecology of invasive plant species and understanding how invasive and native species share the functional space at local and regional levels.
My research mainly uses big databases in ecology: species occurrences, species traits, global climatic data. The massive amount data needs proper tools and reproducible workflows to be tractable. Tools that foster reproducible science such as those proposed by rOpenSci are thus heavily needed by the research community. One of my interest is to contribute in the better (re-)use of these data through R packages.
- Loiseau, N., Mouquet, N., Casajus, N., Grenié, M., Guéguen, M., Maitner, B., Mouillot, D., Ostling, A., Renaud, J., Tucker, C., Velez, L., Thuiller, W., Violle, C., 2020. Global distribution and conservation status of ecologically rare mammal and bird species. Nature Communications 11, 5071. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-18779-w
- Grenié, M., Violle, C., Munoz, F., 2020. Is prediction of species richness from stacked species distribution models biased by habitat saturation? Ecological Indicators 111, 105970. doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2019.105970
- Grenié, M., Mouillot, D., Villéger, S., Denelle, P., Tucker, C.M., Munoz, F., Violle, C., 2018. Functional rarity of coral reef fishes at the global scale: Hotspots and challenges for conservation. Biological Conservation 226, 288–299. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2018.08.011
- Grenié, M., Denelle, P., Tucker, C.M., Munoz, F., Violle, C., 2017. funrar: An R package to characterize functional rarity. Diversity and Distributions 23, 1365–1371. https://doi.org/10.1111/ddi.12629
- Munoz, F., Grenié, M., Denelle, P., Taudière, A., Laroche, F., Tucker, C., Violle, C., 2018. ecolottery: Simulating and assessing community assembly with environmental filtering and neutral dynamics in R. Methods in Ecology and Evolution 9, 693–703. https://doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.12918